Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
StayNTouch, based in Bethesda MD, is revolutionizing hotel operations through mobile optimized property management solutions. We are the guest-centric property management system, built to empower any guest experience the world’s best owners and managers can design.
We deliver an entirely new approach to how hotels streamline operations and increase margin, connect, and engage their guests and how guests experience their stay at a hotel. We do this by leveraging the convergence of SaaS/Cloud, tablet, and touch computing, as well as guest mobile phones to manage all staff and guest touch points on a single platform. We provide these solutions to well-known hotels such as the TWA Hotel, The Fontainebleau Miami Beach, Great Wolf Resorts, First Hotels and Okko Hotels.
We are seeking a detailed oriented, mid-to-senior level Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our existing QA team to ensure that all aspects of the software development cycle follow industry best practices for application quality by building and extending full automation for regression, performance and smoke testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
- Proactively contribute to developing and maintaining test automation frameworks using Protractor, TestNG/JUnit, Cucumber, and/or other open source test automation tools
- Develop and implement Test Automation Strategies and Test Plans
- Contribute to Performance Testing Activities - have familiarity with Performance testing tools like JMeter, Blazemeter, and Loadrunner
- Design automation tests at the API level
- Drive automation development, execution, and reporting to meet stakeholders’ expectations
- Identify the scope of automation testing required for each sprint/release based on the requirements
- Guide other QA team members in implementing test automation best practices
- Test features as they are built, write automated tests and expand on and develop test cases for our application.
- Collaborate with Product and Development Teams to analyze and understand application requirements, identifying potential gaps, and validate acceptance criteria
- Document clear reproducible bug reports.
- Provide status updates to assigned Development Team and QA Manager as needed to track progress.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 6+ years of overall experience testing web-based and mobile applications, along with automation activities involving web-based applications
- 4+ years of automated API/Web Services Testing using open source API testing frameworks/libraries
- Experienced in testing Angular and Node.js applications
- Experienced with Github
- Experienced with Performance Testing using Jmeter, LoadRunner, NeoLoad, Blazemeter, and other performance testing tools
- A critical thinker; Strong problem-solving skills with excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Experienced at working closely with developers in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experienced with BDD concepts using tools like Cucumber and Jasmine
- Associate’s degree in any relevant field
- Strong interpersonal & analytical skills with proven ability to work independently as well as with a broad range of personality styles and types
Ideal Candidate will also have:
- Have a “Testing Mindset” - constantly looking for ways to ‘break’ the application
- Experience with JIRA
- Experienced in working with both local and off-shore teams
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Experienced with CI/CD concepts and Jenkins pipeline
- Hospitality hotel work or software experience is a plus
- Self-starter with a drive to succeed
- Ability to quickly understand a business product/application
- Ability to train non-technical team members in test automation using Protractor
StayNTouch, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions at StayNTouch, Inc are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.